By Harold Goldberg
New York Mayor’s Office Recognizes New York Videogame Critics Circle ahead of 11th Annual New York Game Awards. Tickets to the NY Game Awards are on sale now for $40 and $75 (Close To The Stage)!
- Tickets to the NY Game Awards are on sale now for $40 and $75 (Close To The Stage). Donations to support the NYVGCC work can also be made at this link, in honor of Giving Tuesday.
- The New York Video Game Critics Circle (NYVGCC) has been recognized for charitable contributions to its community by the NYC Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME).
- A representative from MOME will attend the 11th Annual New York Game Awards on Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2022.
- MOME sponsored a series of video public service announcements PSAs – produced by the Multimedia Center at Lehman College, in collaboration with the School of Arts and Humanities – that recognize businesses or cultural institutions in each of New York City’s five boroughs that have successfully changed course during the Covid-19 crisis in order to survive and support the surrounding communities.
- A teaser trailer highlighting the NYVGCC’s work is available now, with a full version debuting at the ceremony.
“We appreciate the New York City Mayor’s Office’s recognition of our nonprofit collective’s work to give back to underserved communities,” said Harold Goldberg, executive director and founder, NYVGCC. “This past year, NYVGCC has been able to expand our efforts, from extending work with underserved and homeless students, to creating more paid internship opportunities for students interested in Games Journalism and the games industry, through the support of our partners, including the Mayor’s Office.”
The NYVGCC, a nonprofit promoting awareness of, and education for, video games, writing and journalism in the New York City area, hosts the annual award program to celebrate the industry, its creators and the NYVGCC members and students, as well as fundraise for the NYVGCC scholarship programs.
To see the teaser trailer about NYVGCC’s work with Bronxworks and DreamYard Project, please watch here: https://youtu.be/vzOica_jxtw. The full campaign, sponsored by the NYC Mayor’s Office and created by students at Lehman College, will premiere at the New York Game Awards.
Ticket sales for the New York Game Awards will help to fund ongoing programs for 2022, and are on sale today at this link. Donations can also be made, to help fund NYVGCC’s ongoing mentoring and scholarship programs. Tickets cost $40 for General Admission and $75 for Orchestra (closest to the stage). For more information on ticket sales and other NYVGCC programs, please check out the website: https://nygamecritics.com/
About New York Videogame Critics Circle
Based in Manhattan, the New York Videogame Critics Circle is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit multicultural organization comprised of 40 of the finest videogame critics, writers, reporters and bloggers in the nation. Members of the NYVGCC give back to their communities by providing scholarships, mentoring and community outreach to NYC schools students. The New York Videogame Critics Circle sees great benefit in advocating for those who are less fortunate.