Last night, Nintendo’s Wii U, its newest game console, went on sale throughout North America. Many of our critics took the trek to Rockefeller Center to check out the event at Rockefeller Center. Without any fanboyism or favoritism, here are 10 things you’ll like and dislike about the Wii U.
1) Short battery life on GamePad is the worst of any console or handheld. Two hours was my minimum and three was my maximum.
2) The GamePad controller is too complex with buttons galore.
3) Not all apps are available on launch day. Where’s the promised TVii service, Netflix, Amazon and YouTube, for instance?
4) The GamePad is too heavy. It will affect your game play over time.
5) The GamePad takes a long time to recharge.
6) Games take a longer time to load than on the Wii.
7) Not all game music and audio comes through the GamePad when you use it without your TV.
8) It’s harder to set up and get going than was the Wii.
9) Software update takes soooooo long to download, well over an hour.
10) What an arduous process it is to move your old game profile and info – from the Wii to the Wii U.
-Harold Goldberg, Founder