By Harry Rabinowitz
Held at the Cafe Club Fais Do-Do in the City of Angels, IndieCade 2014 was another resounding success. Todd Martens’ Los Angeles Times article framed the event nicely, saying that IndieCade proudly hosted bold, experimental new games amidst opposition in the form of #GamerGate.
The award winners, which can be found in full on the IndieCade website, are as follows:
- The Grand Jury Award – Hack ‘n’ Slash
- The Story/Word Design Award – Ice-Bound
- The Game Design Award – Grow
- The Impact Award – Use of Force
- The Interaction Award – Soulfill
- The Audio Design Award – Fract OSC
- The Technology Award – Choice Chamber
- The Visual Design Award – Framed
- Special Recognition Award – N++
- Indiecade Trailblazer Award – Alex Rigopulos
- Media Choice Award – Keep Talking and No One Explodes
- Audience Choice Award – Sunder
- Developer’s Choice Award – Close Your
With more than 150 games being shown to the public, the festival served as a central hub to discuss the changing landscapes within gaming culture.
Did you attend? Share your stories and thoughts with us in the comments below!