*Emmy-winning “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah” writers to host the New York Game Awards.
*Our First Woman Legend Award Winner to be revealed soon!
Mark your calendars for January 22, 2019 at 8 p.m.! The New York Videogame Critics Circle, a 501(c)3 non-profit group of 40 multicultural journalists, is delighted to announce the 8th Annual New York Game Awards Ceremony to be held at SVA Theatre in Manhattan. Tickets are available now!
The show celebrates the Best Games and Game Developers in the industry along with the Circle’s non-profit work in under-served communities. The Awards will be hosted by Devin Delliquanti from Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.” Daniel Radosh, Emmy Award-winning “Daily Show” senior writer and “Liberty Crossing” executive producer, will craft the comedy as well.
Highlights of the ceremony, which is watched by over 150,000 Twitch viewers, will include the Andrew Yoon Legend Award, which will be presented to a very high profile woman in the industry to be named soon! The fourth annual Best Games Journalism Award, voted on by our 40 critics, will also be presented. Two new teen winners of paid internships from the DreamYard Prep School will be named junior critics.
“The DreamYard is a bright light in the poorest Congressional District in the United States. It was the perfect place to begin our mentoring and scholarship work for under-served communities,” says Harold Goldberg, the author/journalist who founded the New York Game Awards. “The students are thoughtful and whip smart. And we’ve had top game executives like Sony’s Shawn Layden to speak about pathways into the world of games.”
Celebrity guests, presenters, musical acts, trailer premieres and gameplay kiosks will be announced soon!
“The New York Game Awards are the most for-the-people Awards event in existence,” says Goldberg. “There’s no other awards show that invites the audience to drink free and party with the Awards winners, celebrity presenters, musicians and our critics afterwards – on the Awards stage itself.”
Tickets are available for $22. The ticket also includes access to the After Party reception (guests must be 21 to drink) on the stage and itself. There, you can mingle with the winners, our critics and other attendees. Seating is limited. All ticket proceeds will go to the NYVGCC scholarship fund, teen internships and honoraria for writing and editing NYGameCritics.com.
The New York Game Awards event is happy to have Twitch as our exclusive Awards streamer. Scholarship and mentoring donors include Sony, Alienware, HyperX and more to be announced.
WHO WE ARE
Based in Manhattan, the New York Videogame Critics Circle is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit multicultural organization comprised of 40 of the finest videogame critics, writers, reporters and bloggers and in the city. Members of the NYVGCC give back to their communities by providing community outreach to NYC schools students and to older adults. The New York Videogame Critics Circle see great benefit in advocating for those who are less fortunate.
- DreamYard Project at DreamYard Prep School in the Bronx, NY, offering mentoring, internships, workshops, job information and college scholarships for intelligent, but underprivileged students.
- Community events at The Abrons Arts Center, where the NYVGCC holds the annual New York Game Awards and brings games education to community events.
- Older adults mentoring at O.A.T.S., Older Adult Technology Services, at their Senior Planet tech center in Manhattan’s Chelsea area.
- New York Public Library system panels, talks and discussions about jobs in games and how games bring people together.
- From Polygon, CNET and VentureBeat to The New Yorker, Yahoo and Washington Post, members of the NYVGCC are a culturally diverse and passionate group of video game journalists.
- For a full list of members, visit nygamecritics.com/members/.
FOR MORE INFO
For more information on the NYVGCC, contact Amber McCollum at firstname.lastname@example.org.