There’s an enormous amount of literature surrounding videogames. Much of it is what you’d call journalism, in the form of reviews, features and analyses, but there are also many excellent books that examine at length the capabilities and implications videogames as a medium or a few games in particular.
That’s why we’re so excited that that StoryBundle, an online pay-what-you-want ebook vendor similar to videogames’ Humble Bundle, is offering its first Video Game Bundle. Ten full length books and magazine spans are available for purchase in a variety DRM-free of digital formats here.
For a minimum of $3 you can get:
- The Making of Karateka by Jordan Mechner
- Generation Xbox: How Videogames Invaded Hollywood by Jamie Russell
- Kill Screen Magazine Issue 2: Back To School + Issue 6: Change by Kill Screen Editors
- Constellation Games by Leonard Richardson
- Killing is Harmless: A Critical Reading of Spec Ops: The Line by Brendan Keogh
- Confessions of the Game Doctor by Bill Kunkel
If you pay more than $10, though, you’ll also get:
- Videogames: In The Beginning by Ralph H. Baer
- The Making Of Prince Of Persia by Jordan Mechner
- 250 Indie Games You Must Play by Mike Rose
All in all, it’s a pretty sweet deal for a lot of great material!